Monday, March 23, 2009

BSG Sugar Cookies

This post requires a huge nerd alert. The Battlestar Galactica series finale was this Friday, and a friend and I trekked up north to watch it with my brother and his equally obsessed friends. I made cookies shaped like cylon raiders (the enemy ship pictured here) to further mark the occasion.

cylon raider

I had a ton of green food coloring leftover from other baking endeavors, but upon reflection I should've colored these black or gray, and maybe used red sprinkles for the cylon eyes. Next time.

517

518

I used this recipe for the cutout cookies and Martha Stewart's recipe for the icing.

2 comments:

annie said...

Stop the press. I want to be BFF. Right. Now.

You are AWESOME.

Suzanne Ross said...

Impressive, very impressive. I hope you brought the popcorn popper with you too!