Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Those Gilmore Girls DVDs aren't going to watch themselves

My progress in plowing through Gilmore Girls season one was stalled by a road trip to visit family and one of my bosom friends down South. The dear friend and I really Southern-ed it up by eating barbecue and collard greens, saying "y'all" and wandering through the sleepy gardens of Magnolia Plantation.

To my delight, we happened upon the very Southerniest of scenes and I captured it with my low-quality camera: a group of young ladies and gentlemen playing croquet in Battery Park, wearing hats, suits and plaid pants. Ironically done or not, it doesn't get any more genteel than that.




On an unrelated note, happy St. Patrick's Day to all. I celebrated by going grocery shopping, eating week-old chicken noodle soup and not wearing green. I ask you to join me in hoping that no drunken revelers stumble down from my neighborhood bar and try to enter my house as has happened in the past.

No comments: