Monday, March 8, 2010

running outside > treadmill

Why it's better:
  • It enables me to create bulleted lists, which I enjoy.

  • Neighborhood kitties.

  • Good people-watching, including Dude Pitching Golfballs on Sidewalk and Cute Mom Walking Viszla While Carrying Baby in Yellow Duck Jammies

  • It's so easy to switch back and forth from fast to slow to match the tempo of my non-Apple mp3 player. Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA": Speed up! Dulcet tones of Regina Spektor (phew, that's not as embarrassing): Slow down!

  • Vitamin D. Thanks, sunshine! This encourages me to run farther, making me feel less guilty for eating whole blocks of cheese for dinner.

Why it's worse:

  • Hills. That one on [street name omitted so as to foil internet stalkers' plans to creepily stalk] is excessive.

  • Drinking fountains not as conveniently located.

  • Sometimes, you see men peeing and/or wacking off in the alley near neighborhood pizza places. It's distracting enough to throw off one's pace, but hmmm, I guess it does inspire faster running.


1 comment:

annie said...

Wait, what?! How is the peeing/whacking off not a plus? That's hilarious!