Monday, April 27, 2009

I am the office Farrah

If you're a friend of mine on Twitter, you know that I am very predictable. At least 40% of my updates are hummus-related (the other 60% involve Flight of the Conchords). I eat my morning snack at roughly 10:30, as mentioned, and have done so for the past three years. Usually, it involves the best hummus ever (well, at least from the selection at the Kroger down the street).

A few years ago, I noticed that my hummus stockpile was depleting at a more rapid pace than usual, but I attributed it to my own absent-mindedness and lack of awareness about my own hummus intake. One day, though, it was clear when I looked at the scraped-clean container that something was amiss. Someone had been helping him or her self to the manna from heaven! Despite weeks of complaining and passive-aggressive notes, I never did discover who the culprit was. I suspect this person is no longer with our company, because my hummus has remained unburgled ever since.

My boss found this gem in our new building before it was gutted and renovated, and gave it to me in honor of my extreme crustiness about the Hummus Debacle. I still have it hanging in my cubicle as a reminder to be vigilant with passive-aggressive notes whenever such situations arise.

Part 1:
farrah1

Part 2:
farrah2

3 comments:

Drummer83 said...

Nice blog, Brooke. Check out this website for p-a stuff!
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Anonymous said...

hahah Farrah Fawcett? That's sersly gross though, who would want to eat after another person at an office? That's why I don't use the office fridge.

Beth Nelson said...

hahaha, this is hilarious. seriously, who steals office hummus? i used to have people steal my yogurt all of the time, but i'm not as cool as you, because i never did anything about it :-(