Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jack Attack: The Art of Aggression in Business

I spend 40 hours of my week here at work, so since I'm on a roll I am going to make some career-specific resolutions.


I resolve to:


  • Be more confident, Jack Donaghy style.


  • Find a comfortable desk chair. This has long been my biggest gripe with my otherwise stellar employer and if I had ample back support I'd be (even more!) cheerful and productive. I tried sitting on a yoga ball for awhile, but it lost air too quickly and pumping it up was disruptive. I'm waiting on my new desk chair to arrive but if that doesn't pass muster I shall spare no expense and provide myself with a pleasurable sitting experience.


  • Witness a kitty fight. Our new building looks out over an empty lot and I often see stray cats roaming around. I'd love to see an adorable cat fight, or maybe even just a cat caucus. I realize that this is beyond my control, but I shall be diligent in monitoring their goings-on.

2 comments:

Not Laura Ingalls said...

You can come watch the cats behind our apartment fight, but they only do so in the dead middle of the night when they've been left out despite their owners repeated, annoying calls. Did I mention I'm ready to move?

MaryKate said...

I hope you being more confident "Jack Donaghy-style" means you talking like Jack Donaghy. That would be awesome.