Monday, December 29, 2008

A drama-free '09

Making New Year's resolutions is kind of unoriginal, but I still love doing it. It's an excuse to flesh out some goals, reassess one's life and strive for positive change.

My general resolution is to make 2009 more awesome than 2008, which won't be too difficult because 2008 ended in a very un-awesome fashion. My specific resolutions are as follows:

  • Run! I started running last week and put myself on a training schedule of sorts so as not to give up out of boredom. I plan on running Chicago's half marathon in September with a friend (or at least the 5K). Posting these goals here will shame me into actually completing it or at least not giving up until September.

  • Try something new as often as possible and at least once a week. Big new things are preferable, but even minor changes like driving a new route to work or trying a new restaurant are acceptable. I might list my new things here for accountability and more of the shame factor.


Group activity: Post your resolutions in the comments section, or tell me why you think making resolutions is lame.

1 comment:

magikchair said...

I plan to invest in myself. I'm going to do things for ME. Not because of anyone else, not because I can't say no, but for ME. So basically, 2009 is all about me. Is that selfish? Also, I am inspired by your running regimen. I plan to use my KSU discount and join the rec center and start going after work. And, playing more tennis.