Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Niche products get jump on the Holidays

Awhile back I ordered some nail caps for my cat so that she wouldn't scratch up the new couch. In place of declawing, you can glue a plastic cap on each nail to protect your furniture (and skin and eyes, I suppose). This is more humane, but also too much work if you're as lazy as I, so I offered Cricket a cardboard scratch pad instead and that seems to keep her off the upholstery. I still get "Mewsletters" from the makers of Soft Paws (TM) whenever they come out with exciting advances in plastic caps -- usually, new colors.

'Tis the season for Holiday marketing, because this was in my inbox this afternoon:

softpaws

I was really disappointed that there were no Chanukah or Kwanzaa caps.

2 comments:

Suzanne Ross said...

Laugh Out Loud funny :) Thanks for the Furminator recommendation too by the way.

annie said...

Haha! I saw you write and demand Chanukah/Kwanzaa caps. DEMAND!

By the way, are they hard to apply/do they work?