Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inept flirting or subtle harassment? You decide.

My letter to the folks at the Dunkin' Donuts corporate office:

No cream, sugar or harassment with my coffee, thanks. As I was leaving your Clifon store today, one of your adult male employees said "you should stop back in so I can get a piece of your donut". Since I was neither selling nor offering donuts and it was in fact the other way around, I'm pretty sure he was referring to my posterior or a comparable body part. Formidable though it is, that's neither here nor there and the attention was EXTREMELY unappreciated. I enjoy Dunkin' Donuts coffee, but will never visit that location again. Considering there's a Starbucks on every corner here in the midwest it won't be that difficult. Also, Ew. It was not only offensive to me as a customer but I'm guessing that this male has made similar comments to your young female employees (one of whom was standing right there) in the past and I won't be supporting a company that allows that kind of behavior.

I look forward to your response.

To the sevens of people who read my blog, please join me in abstaining from visting Dunkin' Donuts. Or at the very least please don't go to the Clifton location. Unless you enjoy hilarious but offensive comments about various body parts.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I will join you in abstaining from Dunkin Donuts. Just nevermind that we don't have them in Minnesota.

The Good Wife said...

What a douchenozzle. I too will abstain from DD.

annie said...

Horrible! I am definitely abstaining, and not only because looking at a doughnut makes me gain 10 pounds.