Thursday, July 31, 2008

How to spice up your love life

Jigsaw puzzles are a fun, low-cost way to spend quality time with a loved one. And best of all, they're great for brain health and cognitive skills. The spouse and I are doing our best to stave off Alzheimer's one puzzle at a time.

We popped our puzzle cherry with this classic Western scene:

07 29 08 001


Next, we tackled a close-up of a brazen kitty in a suitcase:

07 29 08 002


We finished the second one in less than a week, so next up is something a little more challenging. I dunno if we even have the table space for it, but a 3,000 piece monster is on deck.

I think the reason that jigsaw puzzles aren't more popular among my demographic (and the reason that everyone I've mentioned this to has laughed immediately) is because the themes are so cheesy and cliche-- horses, cats, fairies, teddy bears. Come ON. You can do better than that, puzzle creators. Let's rejuvenate the entire industry with some kickass puzzles that will inspire and delight.

2 comments:

The Good Wife said...

woot! I have to add you to my blog list.

GL on the puzzles. I hate most games that involve thinking and patience. I am immature like that. :)

annie said...

I love this blog! I'm adding you to my blog list as well!